Search this site for your business needs...

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Small Business Owner

I own a small business in Michigan. I also have a website for the business to promote my items and take online order as well as this website (on which I share techniques I've learned) and another website called PaidOpps (http://paidopps.blogspot.com ) which I have kept up on since 2006. PaidOpps has over 1,000 ways to make money online with no investment.
In addition to the chaos of being a business owner and the author/owner of 3 websites, I have a family to care for. "American Dream"? Maybe. Here's a typical day in my life;

7am; wake up, get kids ready for school, check business email

Take kids to school, check website email, head into the store and do necessary improvements, manage problems, organize new inventory, etc

Pick kids up from school. Hit the gym for about 40 mins, maybe go tanning. I think looking good is important when you're in the field of sales so I *try* to stay in shape.

Write a blog for Paid Opps

Post new inventory on store website; Victoria's Secret Wholesale

Order inventory, print flyers for promotions, arrange meetings with potential customers or lawyer or whatever the needs are at this time.

Pick up orders if needed.

Package and ship online orders, make displays if need be.

Update shipped inventory, sold inventory and newly arrived inventory in Inventory Tracking Program

Attempt to make family time, have a super late dinner then go to sleep.

Sometimes if I don't have displays to make or business meetings ill be able to go shopping.

Is this the "American Dream"? Maybe. Either way, its the life of "The Small Business Owner", and if you're considering opening your own business, welcome to my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment